CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 22, 2012

I'm still here ( :

I don't have time right now for a normal post, but in case you're curious here is what has been on my mind:

  • Feminism and the continuing misconceptions
  • Coming to terms with the fact that I'll always be a bit of a hypocrite, participating in organizations, shopping at stores, etc. that I don't 100% agree with.  Maybe that's okay.
  • Having it all- and why no American parent has it all- deserves its own blog post ( :
  • So happy that my A/C happened to break again on one of the coolest days this month and did not require 1000's in repairs and we were able to have someone come get the ox out of the mire quickly!
  • John only has 7 days left working at this minimum wage training before he gets to start the real job, with a much nicer hourly wage ( :
  • Pregnancy is MISERABLE!  Do NOT ask me how I am doing- you really don't want me to tell you.  Just remind me it will be over before I know it - only about 6 more weeks.
  • 5, almost 6 kids, is kicking my behind.  There, I said it.  I am oh so overwhelmed daily with schooling, cleaning, working at my little p/t teaching, cooking, reprimanding, etc.  I do not have it all together, but I'm trying to enjoy the ride!
  •  Although I sometimes get stressed or grumpy (refer to bullet point 6) I'm oh so blessed, and am striving to remember that! 
That's all for now- my bed is calling my name.  Adios!

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Would love to hear about the misconceptions of feminism. You cannot deny that there are good and not so good things that have come out of the feminist movement. I have often wantednto suggest Female Chauvenist (sp?) Pig for book club but I know it will be offensive to some but it was very enlightening to me.

MissouriMormonMama said...

That looks like an interesting read- I just scoped it out on Amazon ( : Hmm. The discussion at bookclub, all of the talk about 50 shades and Magic Mike, and career parents has really put it on the front of my mind. Even if we don't read it for bookclub, I'd like to read it and maybe discuss with you!

Unknown said...

Susie, I don't have it together either. AT ALL! In fact, I've been crying on and off for a week now because I am not the person or mother I want to be and I have no idea how to change that-nor do I have the patience or energy. You are not alone girl!