CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gingerbread fun!

What better thing to do an a cold, snowy day than sip some cocoa and build a gingerbread house? I usually stick with a pre-fabricated house, or graham crackers, given the age of my children. However, this time I was struck with some Martha Stewartesque fever and decided to do everything from scratch. I had 2 lovely assistants help me with the baking while Christopher was at school, and was rewarded with a slightly crooked product. Of course. No big deal, we can trim it. I left it out for a day or two to get harder, but failed to take into account the MD humidity. That gingerbread was not getting any firmer! We attempted to put it together, and as you can see, it worked for a while. Then we just said, who cares, let's just decorate them like giant gingerbread house ruins, or very big sugar cookies. They weren't perfect, and Martha Stewart may have scoffed, but we sure had a lot of fun ( :






1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Decorating is the fun part anyway! It looks great.