CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

More. . .

So, Tuesday Evening was no fun, as John was completely knocked down by this stomach bug, and I had to clean up the Christmas mess on my own while trying to help him. Wednesday and Thursday were a bit of a blur as I was knocked down and drug through the mud by this same bug. The only positive thing that came of it was perhaps neutralizing some of the holiday weight gain potential. Friday John and I were able to attend the St. Louis temple, which was sooo nice. We were spontaneous (or crazy, as we dragged 3 kids along) and spent the night in St. Louis. It was so nice. We found a restaurant chain that we loved in DC, and went there for dinner. Then we enjoyed swimming and the novelty of staying at a hotel. Saturday was all kinds of crazy, but fun. We walked a few blocks to a nice breakfast cafe, and the boys were throwing crazy fits. I felt like we were poster children for why reproduction should be disallowed. But, luckily, the tantrums ended and we enjoyed a nice breakfast and a pleasant, if chilly, walk back to the hotel. We got out later than planned (of course, we have a 4 year old, 2 year old and infant) and ended up going the wrong way on the interstate. However, I considered it serendipitous because we ran straight into a Target. In case you're not aware, Target is one of my FAVORITE things, and the place most obviously lacking at Ft. Lost in the Woods. So, I enjoyed spending some christmas money and exchanging John's gift. All by myself, nonetheless, while the kids slept in the car. When we went to leave, there was an unpleasant surprise. The lights had been on, unknown to me, and killed the battery. So, we waited and waited for a jumpstart. Suffice it to say, we didn't make it to the Children's museum. Oh well. We did hit a great little natural parenting store, Cotton Babies (www.cottonbabies.com). We got a few more cloth dipes and training pants, and super cute leather booties for Sophia. They had a children's play area, so the boys were happy. They also had a double jogging stroller John thought was cool until he saw the price tag: $479! So, although the day didn't go as planned, it was nice. And there is no place like home, even after a brief getaway. Hopefully I can add some pics to the blog soon.
Susie

1 comment:

brittanyandtravis said...

Sounds like a great dinner! That stomach flu is HORRIBLE! I hope everyone is feeling better. Being sick is the worst, because everyone gets it. Sounds like a great trip too! Glad you guys are doing well and had a great Christmas!