CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blizzard 2010 Part 1






John and I remember fondly the big snowstorms we experienced in Arlington, VA in 2003. It was such fun as newlyweds to stay inside our cozy apartment and watch the snow fall, with no obligations (besides John's never ending homework). There were some pretty crazy storms that winter, and John had hoped he might experience something like that again, now that we are back in the region. He was so disappointed to miss the tremendous storm before Christmas (although it really didn't bother me). So, he was jubilant to realize just how big this storm was! It started snowing Friday morning. The timing was lovely because I had just finished taking all of the children to the doctor (a well check, and multiple strep diagnoses), and John had a 4 hour workday, so was on his way home at 10. After picking up prescriptions, we had the rest of the day to watch the storm set in. It was lovely having him here, as I was feeling under the weather, and the kids were as well, so we enjoyed cooking, practicing music, schoolwork and relaxation with his assistance. We awoke Saturday morning to a massive amount of snow. The children were so excited! Because it was coming down all day, and we'd been sick we stayed inside all day and enjoyed a good time, cooking yummy food, including cookies, playing, movies, stories, more thesis work (surprise!), etc. It's kind of funny that this winter season I am the one with the endless schoolwork. Perhaps in another 7 years John will have schoolwork again. Ack. I don't even want to contemplate more schooling for either of us for a few years. These are just some pictures of the snow as taken throughout the day (Saturday). Enjoy!

No comments: