CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snippets from our week

The weeks always seems to pass too quickly. John and I thoroughly enjoyed our snow vacation the week before last. We were discussing why it was so enjoyable. We discussed how part of the fun of a vacation is the anticipation. The buildup is so fun, but as soon as it begins you're dreading it's end. The great thing about the blizzards was that we just lived in the moment, and enjoyed every day, not knowing what the next day would bring. It was a lovely time filled with cocoa, stories, homework, play, shoveling, yummy warm food, and good stuff all around. It helped also, that we were able to make it to the library for the couple of hours they opened between the storms, and had a morning out on the town in between storms as well. Spending so much time as a family, and doing some schoolwork had me looking forward to Homeschooling next year, although it helped to have my co-teacher helping ( : Great memories!

Now, onto the real topic of this post!
We headed back into reality and responsibilities this week. It was a busy week, with lots of activities. Lori took her first steps, such an exciting progression! She still much prefers crawling, and I don't foresee her walking exclusively for a long while (knock on wood). Sophia has finally decided that being potty trained is worthwhile, and has had a lovely dry week, (barring Church today!). I think she's feeling more settled now, and ready to tackle that step. Sophia ruined her closet doors somehow, which gave me the excuse I'd been looking for to replace them with curtains. We also received the buckets for our food storage and got them filled and arranged. I also made progress on the thesis, I now have 56 pages! I'm almost ready to turn in the rough draft, hopefully in a few weeks. Yeah! It was a busy morning here today, we made some cookies before church, and caught the children enjoying a good book together. I love watching my children grow, and help each other! Of course, the reality of a growing family struck when we tried to leave for church this morning: Sophia lost her shoe, Teddy couldn't find socks, I misplaced the car keys, and Sophia wet her outfit, necessitating a complete change! We thought we were doing so well this morning, but it went downhill fast! We were so proud just to make it to church, although we missed the Sacrament! ( ; Oh, the lovely, crazy realities of life.


Reading to his siblings


Baking cookies, Sophia does a terrible 'smile' for the camera lately!


Lori riding the horsey. She is getting so big!


Most of our buckets! The rest are stashed along the entry/laundry room wall, and about 6 in the kitchen. We're excited to finally have a good supply of food storage.



Sophia wanted to pose by her new curtains.

No comments: