Has it really been a whole month!? My life has been pretty occupied with taking care of the family lately, and blogging has simply fallen to the bottom of my priority list. Drinking lemon water, sitting down whenever possible, snacking on something bland every two hours, and all the other housekeeping and homeschooling responsibilities have taken up all of my time and energy ( :
I am so blessed to be able to carry another child, but in the interest of not whining and/or boring everyone with the pregnancy that is obsessing me at the moment, I've chosen not to blog. I keep on reminding myself that the first trimester isn't forever, and I'll have my energy and happy tummy back in no time ( :
Life is good, homeschooling is an adventure every day. I've been thinking a lot about homeschooling, and how long I'd like to do it. Theoretically I'd love to have all of my children home educated through all of their school years, but I'm still taking it one year time, because when I think of doing this 5, 10, 15+ years down the road I get a nervous twitch! There are so many things I want to do in life, and we'll just have to find the balance that works for our family each year.
I'm happy to report that I was pleasantly surprise to find my new voice teacher is quite familiar with my faith, and recommended I attend the vocal beauty boot camp at BYU in the future. The low fee, days full of training, and relatively cheap airfare sound like a dream come true to me! There wouldn't be performance opportunities, but it looks like great training. Provo isn't nearly as beautiful as Italy, but that's okay by me. I probably won't go next year, because I'll have a little nursling, but that is okay. I'm also enjoying my little choir, it's a good opportunity to be involved in the community and sing a bit, although lately I'd rather spend my Monday evenings sleeping.
Conference was interesting- wonderful and terrible. That's generally my view of every conference- 95% terrific inspiration, 5% What was that?! There are always a few talks I have issues with, often from the same speakers. That leaves me wondering if it's me, the speakers, or the subject matter that holds the problem. I suspect it is a little of everything. I just take heart from the fact that while I may not understand or agree with everything, I am trying my best, and I sometimes feel it takes more courage to have faith in something that sometimes challenges you than something that comes easily. Just my little opinion.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Susie I love what you said, that it takes courage to have faith in things that do not come as easily. Thank you!
I didn't know you were expecting a baby! YAY! How exciting!!!! I hope the 1st trimester stuff blows over soon!
Post a Comment