CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ouch!


Poor Theodore had a lovely playground incident right before Easter. We were at a park with homeschool friends, and had a crazy morning. It started out well with a fun egg hunt, some new friends, and running off to play on the playground. Well, as soon as we started playing there was an urgent potty need (not mine!), and of course the bathrooms were locked because it was Good Friday. Thank goodness for Wooded areas. Then Lori slipped on the playground and hit her cheek, giving her a small bruise. After some uneventful play Lori began screaming bloody murder, upset that her eldest brother had picked her up and transported her against her wishes. As I was calming her, I hear screams from the other side of the playground. My heart sank when I realized it was Theodore, so I moved as quickly as an uber-pregnant mom with a 2 year old in arms can. He was dripping blood pretty profusely from his mouth and nose, and surrounded by concerned parents and kids. We did have the opportunity to accept service from these other homeschool parents, whom we had just met. They were so helpful, running for wipes, a first aid kit, and even replacing his soiled jacket with a clean one as I soothed him and tended to the bloody nose. I also learned that a penny on the forehead quells a nosebleed, something I hadn't realized. After running to the car with screaming kids as it began to pour I realized how kind they had all been. Luckily, when checked the nose wasn't fractured, and the loose tooth tightened up. He had some crazy swelling and a decent bruise but took it like a champ. I can't believe we still haven't had stitches or casts with 4 kids, this has been our closest call so far (although we have had staples). Life with kids is never dull!

No comments: