Words you never want to hear: "Honey, I'm on my way home", spoken at 9:30 a.m. The only other time that has happened we ended up at the E.R. for John because he had a nasty stomach virus that was eerily similar to appendicitis. This time wasn't a whole lot better. John told me that he had been removed from work, in other words, he had lost his job. I held it together while talking to him, then got off the phone and broke into tears. The strange thing is, we had an idea that this might happen, and thought we were emotionally prepared for the possibility- but let me tell you, nothing prepares you for that.
So, we are embarking on a new journey. It not one that I am enthusiastic about or would have chosen for myself. We are only three days into this challenge and there have already been many tears shed, difficult conversations had, and familial stress. Yet, there has also been an outpouring of love and concern. I have felt enveloped not only in the loving arms of my Heavenly Father's love, but in the loving care of the friends and family that I care so much for. Each word of support, each job lead, each offer of help, each smile and hug has helped to strengthen me and I cannot adequately express how grateful I am to have such a tremendous support system. We are also feeling appreciation for the many blessings we do have- such as health and our immediate family. I get to spend Christmas with my whole family together! As long as I keep everyone busy enough (job hunting, schoolwork, music and crafts, etc.) to keep from driving each other CRAZY, it should be memorable. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for us, and I am looking forward to the learning and growth that will come from this experience- although it may be a rocky road. I'll probably share some experience along the way, I'd like to remember them in the future, both the good and the bad.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Wow, what a journey you have ahead of you. I pray that all goes well for you and your family! But in the end, things seem to go well. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Perhaps Duane can share some resume tips with Jon. He has tweaked his quite a few times in the past year since retiring from the Air Force. Feel you pain, hopes and fears. Patiently waiting ourselves to hear about a job offer ............good thing we can be blessed with comfort and peace!
Post a Comment