Yes, in case you are wondering, I am still alive. Life has settled into a busy, quiet pattern. There's nothing new to report. At about 10 weeks pregnant I am feeling about as big as I was at 20 weeks with most of the kiddos- of course the extra weight I haven't lost from Anna has nothing to do with that ( ; I'm still exhausted and hormonal BUT I have noticed that I haven't been so queasy today. Maybe I'm over that hump! Here's hoping. Homeschooling, teaching an online class and participating in my community choir are keeping me quite busy. Honestly, I don't usually feel there are enough hours in the day- thus the lack of blog updates.
John is still looking for work. After nearly a hundred applications to a variety of jobs, contacts with ward members, and other efforts we're hoping to get some news sometime. We'll just keep on swimming, as there's really nothing else we CAN do. This is a frustrating, stressful situation to be in and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I still have faith thing will work out somehow.
Anna is growing so quickly! I don't have many pictures because our camera has simply disappeared, but she is standing a bit on her own, eats as much as her sisters as well as nursing, and loves to interact and play. She is a little bundle of sunshine and I am grateful each day to have her in my life.
Lori is changing every day as well. She'll be 3 soon and loves to sing and chatter and just be adorable. She can also do the occasional 2 year old mischief- getting into things she shouldn't and such, but she's a pretty good girl.
Sophia is playing the piano and recorder along with her brothers now. I'm eager to get kids back into lessons when John finds a job. John and I are okay with teaching them- but honestly, I just can't do everything for everybody and I know they often respond better to an outside authority figure when learning new things. She is stubborn and sassy as can be, but usually sweet.
Theodore is really picking up in his reading and I am so glad to see it. Both John and I were quite worried about him and it is such a relief to see him moving ahead. He sure loves to help me in the kitchen- maybe he'll get into a good culinary program.
Christopher is the same old kid. John and I are really noticing his perfectionist tendencies, he gets so upset if he can't have things just so, or isn't able to do his work perfectly. John and I were so proud to see him baptized last month- he has a strong little testimony of his own and I find that immensely gratifying.
The kids pray at every meal that Daddy can get a job- I love their simple faith. For now, I am just glad that we have a roof over our heads, food in our bellies and each other. I certainly wouldn't choose unemployment, but I AM enjoying the time together, now that I'm a little more used to John infringing on 'my' territory! It's so nice to have him around- I'm really going to miss him when he gets a job again! It's been especially nice having the extra hand with the laundry and stuff while I haven't been feeling well. Of course, I'd trade a good, steady job for his presence any day- but count your blessings, right?
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
This past Monday Duane went back to the working world. I was so used to having him be at home when I got there that when I came around the curve of the rode and could see myhouse my heart sank when I noted his car wasn't there! But like you I would rather have the job and the steady paycheck coming in!
Post a Comment