CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A God watch

We're still in limbo land.  A few weeks ago John received a call out of the blue about a position in Hawaii working with an agency he did a lot of coordinating with in the past.  The person he spoke with told him about the job, what it would pay and when they need someone, and said "Would you like it?  Think about it and call me back tomorrow".  We were shocked and awed, and stayed up all night thinking about the possibilities and repercussions of a move like that.  Of course, I mentioned it on FB as well, and my friends were so excited for us.  Well, John called them on Thursday and we realized that he'd spoken with a recruiter and it wasn't a real job offer- yet.  So he interviewed on Friday and in the two weeks since we have been waiting and waiting.  I feel sooo silly for announcing it on FB before we had anything in writing, so to speak.  The excitement was just overwhelming.  Now we just wait.  And wait.  Hopefully we'll hear soon.  He's also interviewed for a few government jobs and has not been rejected, but they have not made any offers yet either.  Everybody appears to want to take their own sweet time.  No matter what the end result is, we've learned a few things from the experience.  We have incredible friends and family who love us.  Things CAN pop out of the blue- in fact he had another company call out of the blue this week asking for his resume.  Months of passing out his resume, attending many job fairs, applying for hundreds of jobs, etc. WILL pay off at some point.  Neither John nor I feel strongly that we're going to get any specific result, but we do both feel that we're going to be okay.  Just as I was reassured last fall, again in December in John's priesthood blessing, and over and over again in the months that have followed, things will work out.  Not seeing the way ahead is rough, but I know that as John and I continue our God watch we do not just watch and wait on God, but our Loving Father is watching and waiting on us.  I am so, so grateful for the temporary pain of unemployment and insecurity that has led us to this Got watch situation.  Please continue to join us in our watch, and we'll let you know as soon as we're ready to move on to the next step! 

No comments: