The Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve. What anticipation!
Story time with Spencer and Valaine. We enjoyed a rendition of The Polar Express.
Christopher got pretty intense about his wii playing with Uncle Spencer.
Christmas eve was just lovely. John and I were quite busy with last minute preparations. John met with an Iraqi gentleman at my Father's workplace to discuss job options available while the rest of us perused Deseret Industries. It felt good to be of assistance to someone. Along with some other random errands and a delicious Mexican lunch we were occupied until it was time to begin the baking. I forgot just how labor intensive the phyllo dough is, but John and I had a fun time together making 2 pans of Baklava and 3 pans of Spanakopita. Yum! My siblings all came over and we enjoyed a yummy party meal of shrimp cocktail, cheese ball, hummus and crackers, veggie tray, spanakopita, and baklava. After we were stuffed to the gills we had a little program. The boys (Christopher and Theodore) sang Adeste Fideles, O Tannenbaum, and the english translations. Then I sang the solo piece I did in church recently, The Virgin's Slumber Song. We enjoyed the Polar Express with Aunt Valaine and Uncle Spencer, and then opened our pajama presents. Christopher was VERY disappointed that it was pajamas and not a toy! All in all it was a lovely evening shared with family and we all enjoyed the love and warmth in the home. It was wonderful to be together with all of my siblings and their loved ones, it's so fun to watch the family grow! What a wonderful beginning to the Christmas celebration!




No comments:
Post a Comment