CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Thoughts

2009 was quite the year, but I am not terribly sorry to see it go. It was filled with highs and lows, and more stress than any human being should experience in such a short time. Okay, so that's melodramatic, but there really was a great deal of uncertainty. The best thing that happened last year, hands down, was Lori's birth. Babies are always a blessing, and she is such a joy. It seems everything else was a mixed bag. Personal struggles made some parts of the year difficult, along with the cumulative stresses of the move, travel, job change, and home purchase. But I am happy to report that I ended the year madly in love with my husband, in a comfortable home, with a good job for my husband, loveable children, and a bit more of a cushion than we used to have (although not quite up to my Dave Ramsey EF standards yet). I am making progress on my thesis, and music study, and can't really ask for more. In the end we were greatly blessed, and there isn't a day that goes by I am not appreciative of that.

2010 promises to be a less exciting year, thank goodness! John and I are looking forward to continuing to settle into our new home and community. We have numerous goals and are continuing on a path to improve ourselves. There is so much to do: finishing my Thesis, gardening, hopping back in the homeschool saddle, continuing to improve our eating habits (less meat, more whole grains, fruits and vegetables), food storage, music, and exercising. Life truly is good, and I eagerly await the new challenges and opportunities that this new year will bring. The unknown promise of a new year is always exciting ( : I hope to have more smiles than sadness, and hope than heartache when all is said and done.

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

So well-put, Susie! It's funny, b/c I'm about to embark on the same sort of year that you had last year (read my latest blog post, if you haven't). I can only hope to come out on the other side with as much aplomb as you have, and to end up as content as you. Good luck for a fabulous 2010!