I am thankful… for kids that are so sweet and loving, even when they're stinkers sometimes. We had a few tantrums today, but the kids also planned a surprise 'party' for John and I. We opened up gifts- some cd's, a Magic Treehouse book, a roll of tape and 50 cents in loose change and colored, and Christopher and I played a rousing game of chess.
I am thinking about… everything but the kitchen sink. I'm anxiously waiting to find out if I will be working for BYU-I but also thinking about:homeschooling, budgets, sleep training, travel, and Halloween costumes.
From the Kitchen… We had an easy meal tonight: Potstickers, rice, kim, and a salad. I've had a hard time staying motivated with meals lately. I am looking forward to making some Halloween sugar cookies with the munchkins soon.
I am working on… laundry, singing, changing the world one child at a time, trying to stay busy so I don't think about some of the other craziness on my mind.
From the learning rooms… Theodore's reading is picking up. Hooray! And Christopher is not fighting me on the schoolwork so much, he actually gets started early sometimes! The girls schooling is still pretty hit and miss, but they're learning some Latin and recorder, working on the alphabet, and seem to be absorbing a lot of what the rest of us do.
I am creating… beautiful music. I'm realizing I may have to give up my voice study for a few years in order to concentrate on some other things, so I'm enjoying every second of singing I can now!
I am going… to the dentist for a root canal, and then to a baby shower. That's a pretty good and bad day!
I am hoping… to have good news from BYU-I on top of good news from CSM.
I am reading… Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Also, The Moral Live of Animals.
I am hearing… NPR on in the kitchen, and the sweet sound of silence everywhere else. I love bedtime! (when it's not terrible)
One of my favorite things… Anna's smiles.
A few plans for the rest of the week… Piano lessons, groceries, a tidy and voice lessons tomorrow. Friday I want to do something fun but cheap, we'll probably hit the library up when John gets home and maybe stop at Redbox then come home for our standard Friday night homemade pizza!
A picture to share: One of each child. My future astronauts, one who found my lipstick, and one who was sporting her first pigtails.








1 comment:
You are a crazy busy woman! Good luck with everything your heart desires. I love the sleep Bible, I mean, Healthy Sleep Habits happy Child. Emma Lee goes to sleep at 6ish and wakes up at 1 or 2am to nurse and then doesn't wake up again until 7am. I LOVE it!!! The sleep Bible works!
Post a Comment