CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wow, what a week! John and I had the bittersweet experience this week of seeing his 94th comrades off. It was soooo sad to see all of the tears, and last hugs, daddies kissing their babies, kids with tear streaked faces, and wives with redrimmed eyes but also a smile, trying to be brave. The saddest scene was the soldier mother of a baby approx. 9 months old I walked past with John. She was holding her baby tightly to her chest and sobbing like her heart would break. I am so glad I can be here with my babies, and so grateful for whatever twist of fate has allowed John to be here with me now, watching our babies grow. My heart and prayers go out to the soldiers and families of the 94th ECB and all other deployed soldiers and they will remain in my thoughts until they are safely home again.
On a brighter note, it has been a fun week in other realms. Tuesday I hosted dinner with wives of deployed spouses and John played with the kiddos while we chatted. How refreshing. I think I will make a habit of that ( : There have also been some other relief society things and it has been nice to get out and visit.
The children and I went to the Meyer pumpkin patch today with his preschool friends and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We are going again tomorrow with Parents as Teachers and Christina. We will be all pumpkined out. Pictures will follow this weekend. It is hard to believe a year has passed, we have pictures from them there last year and I can't believe how they have grown.
The Office this evening was terribly funny. I love that show! Any other fans? Who is nerdier- Dwight or Michael? They're both dorks.
We are working this week on building a stone planter by the front tree, I am excited to get some bulbs in there. THis house is awesome but could use some landscape work. I am also trying to get birth announcements sent out and do some more home decor projects. Somehow, the days pass quickly even though there is always something else that needs done. Of course the most important things aren't quantifiable, like watching Christopher 'practice his swinging' from the rope on the tree on the backyard tree, observing squirrels or bugs with Teddy or cooing at a precious baby girl like Sophia.
By the way, I hope to get a picture up of Sophia in her halloween costume this weekend. Enough of the novel,

Susie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie. Jared and I do like the Office, but we didn't catch it on thursday. Did you move? I meant to tell you that we came by your place for Sophia's blessing luncheon, but we didn't see anybody. It is because you don't live there anymore? I don't know... it was a while after church because we had choir then something else too. I like your blog.