I was running an errand last week, with the relative peace of just one little person with me, when I was struck by a sudden realization. I am not at all the sane, sensible, logic above all else individual that I once was. My body has been taken over by a crazed hormonal woman, whose eyes well up with tears at the slightest provocation. I resemble my own mother, or John's, more than I ever thought possible. And the funny thing is, I kind of enjoy it.
For example, as I was driving, as mentioned above, I was listening to Christmas music and was overwhelmed with gratitude for the blessings that have been bestowed on our family in this past year. My boys are continuing to grow and develop in ways that constantly amaze me. John was, more or less miraculously, spared a deployment and I enjoy the blessing of his presence each day. And Sophia arrived, causing my heartstrings to stretch even farther. She is such a precious girl, and a lovely addition to our family.
Also, Christopher participated in his first Primary program on Sunday and I thought I would just burst with pride. Those mommy tears were right at the surface all morning. His sweet, strong voice singing primary songs was so touching, and he stood at the podium to say I'm thankful for my family, almost making me sob. Silly mommy. What a fun day.
Among the other things that make me cry: Little House on the Prairie, Updates from Christina Pride's husband, Matt, in Iraq, any Sappy songs, and a myriad of other things. One of Christopher's new things is to ask "Are you happy to stay with me?", and sometimes that gets me. Although he also asks the questions at moments, when It is hard to say yes, or I qualify it with "Of course, but I am very frustrated, upset, fill in the blank right now".
While I don't know if this choked up response to life is raging hormones or heightened spirituality, I will appreciate to the increased gratitude for all of the blessings in my life, both the extraordinary and the mundane, or in the case of my children extraordinary and mundane at the same time.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment