CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 8, 2008

What a week!

I had been waiting to post until I found my camera, but as you can see (or not see) I haven't found it yet. So, here goes.

Only in Missouri can the weather be crazier than Idaho. In the past week we have had a 4 inch snow fall, torrential rains and thunder, sleet, and a BEAUTIFUL 70 degree day. Crazy! Let me tell you, that 70 degree day was so nice. We took the boys to the park and thoroughly enjoyed it while it lasted. I am excited to go enjoy some California weather next week.
John has had an interesting workweek, his hours in preparation for Graduation today have been crazy. Last night he came home at 11:20 pm and was out of the house shortly after 4 am. He's been very busy and I am looking forward to the vacation time as much as I am looking forward to seeing everybody in California. This trip to California is going to be a little different than all of our previous ones, because we are going to be viewing it as a possible hometown. That's right, we are very seriously considering moving to Fresno in 16 months. Who would have imagined? So, we want to check out real estate, talk to some potential employers, the whole nine yards.
On the Total Money Makeover, AKA Dave Ramsey front, I am excited because it looks like John should get the Loan Repayment funds! It's not written in stone yet though, so fingers crossed. That, along with our "stimulus rebate" would put us debt free oh so soon, by Autumn time!! I am so excited for that and anxiously awaiting the day when we are free of any debt obligations. Then our next step will be to start saving for retirement (we are not getting any younger ; ) ) and saving a sizable emergency fund (think 3-6 months expenses). Yippee. It is so exciting to see some progress.
Well, I still have packing to do, and all sorts of last minute things should be done today, so Adios.
Susie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAve fun on vacation! and good for Sophia! Sleep is great...I think..its hard to remember :-)