Just a short update from the Idaho arctic, where it has been SNOWING all day! Crazy. Christopher keeps on saying it is Christmas now. It sure is funny how his mind works.
I want to make a callout to all you crafty folks. Who knows how to knit? I am just trying to learn and would like to work on some projects when I get back home, it would be nice to get together once a month or something and work on it. Of course, I totally need one more thing to occupy my time, right? ( ; Trying to homeschool my preschooler, tend two younger children, grow a garden, kiss my hubby, participate in church, work on my M.A. , etc. is not enough ( : But, it seems fun and relaxing. So, seriously, let me know if you knit.
Also, Sophia has Pneumonia! I took her into the E.R. for what I figured was just an earache or cold. She'd been feverish and irritable and congested. But, she was behaving pretty well, happy and alert as long as she was medicated. The Dr. checked her ears and said they looked great, so I thought, stupid mom, bringing her in for nothing, you would think by the 3rd child. . . . Then the Dr. said, I want to do a chest x-ray, just to check something. OK. Whatever. He came back after the procedure (which she did not enjoy being immobilized for) and said she had a mild case of Pneumonia, her lung was a little bit cloudy. Oh my goodness, I had no idea! Since he didn't know if it was viral or bacterial he sent us with a script for zithromax and we were on our way. The medicine seems to be helping already, her fever is down, so yeah! Moral of the story I guess, it's always worth bringing your kids to the Dr. to check things out, even if you feel a little stupid, because you just never know. I am so glad the illness didn't have a chance to get more serious!
Enough random thoughts for the day, I'd better go tend to my children, who are supposed to be napping.
Susie
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Poor girl! I hope she feels better soon!
A friend of mine just told me about this cool program Lowe's does. They have a craft for the kids to do once or twice a month. The site is https://lowesbuildandgrow.com/ and it should tell you if the Lowe's there does it. They give the kids little aprons and goggles to use and have miniature tools for the kids to use. I think it is $10 for the first time and then I think it depends on the craft after that or it might be free.
Post a Comment