


This weekend I have been thinking a great deal about the joy to be found in the simple things in life. I am so grateful to have John here, even when he drives me crazy. This weekend I have alternated between being annoyingly irked (most often over stupid, silly things), and being blissfully content to spend small moments with the love of my life. I am so grateful for small pleasures like baby kisses, library books, phone calls and good friends.
John and I have recently started reading a book that we have had on our reading list for AGES: Rough Stone Rolling- A cultural biography of Joseph Smith. We are loving it! The author is not afraid to address some of the issues that many Latter-day Saints tiptoe around. He manages to convey the miraculous and the absurdities in the life of our prophet. I would highly recommend this book, both to member and non-members. I have gained a deeper insight into early church history and Joseph Smith through this book- without too many of those sentimental warm fuzzies that the church fills historical material with. The knowledge gained is strengthening my testimony.
Last but not least, I want to post some pics of Sophia today. Enjoy!




No comments:
Post a Comment