CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nearly Perfect Day

You know, every once in a while you have a day in life that is pretty near perfect. Yesterday was one of those days. John and I stayed up late Friday night (well, late for us old folks ( : ) watching SNL and it was so fun. I felt like we were dating. We slept in (relatively) until 7 or 7:30 and John made me a yummy breakfast. I love it when he does that! Then I ran to a garage sale by Annalee's house and got some fun stuff for a few dollars. I love good deals, and even though I am always trying to declutter I still have a huge soft spot for yard sales. When I came back John got some gardening done. I was able to take a sister I visit teach out to lunch, and that was a blast. It's so pleasant to have some 'girl time'. I really got to know my companion and my teachee better. In the afternoon all the kids were napping, so I actually got some cleaning and laundry done! Silent children are a blessing sometimes. Then John and I went to Lowe's and got herbs, annual, soil and seeds. We felt like the people in the Lowe's commercial with a symphony playing in the background. Welcoming back spring is so exciting! We managed to plant everything but the seeds just in time to go to a hail and farewell. Phew. Annalee was a saint and watched the boys and John and I enjoyed a date, even if dinner took forever and people talked too much, making for a later evening than anticipated. Other than the fact that much of the day was cold and dreary it was a perfect, albeit busy, day. For everyone that played a part in it, Thanks!

My pictures are almost done uploading but I am hammered, so I'll put up some pics this week. If I'm ambitious I'll also blog about some of the many other things on my mind. I just wanted to share my (nearly) perfect day with my friends and family. --Perhaps diamonds, roses or dutch chocolate would have made it even better ( :

2 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

Yay! Days like that are so nice!!

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

your welcome, susie! i'm glad you had such a good day! Those are the days that you don't want to end. i hope you get another almost perfect day again soon.