I just wanted to say, Hurray for large families! The Duggar family, of TLC fame recently announced that they are expecting # 18. While I have no desire to have that many, or to be like them in a number of ways, I must congratulate them. They have a great deal of courage and conviction and seem to be raising loved, responsible children.
Hearing their news reminded me that I want to share my recent desire to have a large family. John and I have always said we'd take each child one at a time. For a while after Sophia was born, things were so crazy I wasn't sure about having any more. And while her birth was picture perfect, it was still strenuous and painful, as many natural births are. John and I were thinking, maybe, just maybe 3 would be okay.
In the past few months something in our hearts has changed and we have a new desire to add to our family. Not right this minute! But soon. I am beginning to think that perhaps we are only halfway there, 6 sounds like a good number! How wierd would that be, a feminist, politically moderate, cloth diapering, classical homeschooling, breastfeeding, not quite organic large family!? We'll just see what the future holds. Yeah for large families!




No comments:
Post a Comment