




Let me start off by saying that we did miss church today, and no, we're not deathly ill, just feeling moderately icky. The whole family has been fighting colds this week, not bad enough to knock you down, just enough to make you drag a little bit. So, yesterday we planned a fun day. We went to Hempel Farms, outside of Lebanon, and picked strawberries early in the morning. The boys seemed to enjoy it. Sophia somehow managed to pick up a tick on her head while there, which we did not realize until hours had passed. Eeek! Afterwards, we went to the farmers market in Lebanon. They had about 6 booths there, not bad for May. I picked up some homemade pumpkin butter- Yum! Then John and I thought it would be fun to finally go to Ha Ha Tonka state park. We visited the 'castle ruins' there, which were very interesting. It was a gorgeous day and so nice to be out enjoying the scenery. Check out the Ha Ha Tonka State Park web site for information on the castle, it is a very interesting story, but one I am not going to tell here. Afterwards, we went to lunch. John then demonstrated his true love for me, by suggesting (I didn't bring it up, or beg) that we stop at Target! We got a few necessaries there, and one or two not so necessaries before we were on our way back home. Phew!
When we got home there was much work to be done in the garden, and dinner to prepare. I actually mowed the front lawn- which is awesome, because a week ago I would not have been able to, but I have found a great chiropracter. By the time the day was over we were all exhausted, and I was feeling sick. So, around comes Sunday morning and John and I realized we felt like **** (insert favorite 4-5 letter Mormon cuss word) because we overdid it. That was stupid. But, what a great Saturday!




1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day! I hope you guys get to feeling better, it is no fun being sick!
Post a Comment