CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day! To my mother, and all those women who have 'mothered' me in other ways. Happy Mothers Day as well to all those awesome Moms I know who have taught by example how to be a better mom. Happy Mothers Day to MIL as well, I couldn't have picked a better Mother in Law! I hope everyone had a splendid day.

I had a wonderful day. Sundays seem to fly by. John made me breakfast in bed (although I helped a tad bit). Getting out the door to church in time was difficult because we all had a late night last night, so this morning was a late start. With John and I both teaching we stay busy at church. Then we stayed for choir practice so we weren't home till 2! We had some girlfriends with deployed husbands over for a Mother's Day dinner and it was lovely. Dinner was a lot of work, but I wanted to do it because 1- I actually enjoy cooking and 2- I'm particular about some things. John is handling cleanup for me ( : We had coconut curry shrimp, peanutty somen noodles, green salad, filet mignon and green beans. Annalee brought some yummy pasta salad and chips and Christina and Elena brought a tasty fruit tart. Yum! It is always nice to share a meal with friends, and tonight was no exception. What fun.

Yesterday was ok. The day was kind of long- you know- an Eeyore kind of day. A certain child was determined to test my limits, I kept on running into traffic (unheard of around here) on my morning errands to the Dr, etc, and it was gloomy, gloomy, gloomy outside. Ick. I just felt grumpy. But, the evening was sooo fun. Some friends in the ward had a BBQ, kind of a going away bash, and it was so entertaining. There was a karaoke machine and John and I sang a few numbers! It was so fun to watch him play the crowd, we were loving it! Our ward members are awesome, I am so grateful to have such good friends, and I have never seen a group of sober people have quite so much fun! We Mormons sure can party, alcohol or no.

I feel a little like Brittany mentioned in her blog, I feel so busy all week, but have a hard time remembering why when I look back. It is just a million little things. I had an MRI done Friday, a Ball Friday evening, MOPS Thursday morning, Young Womens Wednesday night, and a few other little things all week long. Just trying to run a household and parent 3 young children demands a great deal of time and energy.

Here's to more Spring weather and a lovely week for all!
Susie

2 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

MRI? I hope it turn out alright. You have 3 little ones so I am sure you are constantly busy! I'm glad you guys have had a good week. How long are you guys in MO for again?

MissouriMormonMama said...

1 more year! We are getting out and are working right now on figuring out what we are going to do.