A growing season is upon us and John and I are loving it! Our strawberries are just beginning to ripen and it is sooo fun to see juicy red berries in our backyard. We picked 2 Saturday, 3 Monday and 7 today. Slowly but surely they should continue to ripen. And because they are everbearing, they should produce all summer! Also, in other garden news, our Juliet tomato plant is setting fruit already. Yeah! There are at least 10 little tomatoes in various stages of ripeness. We are so excited to watch everything grow. We have 14(!) tomato plants, 5 different varieties. We are also growing red leaf lettuce (enjoyed it in a salad last week), sugar snap peas (a lot, not sure how many), green bush beans (even more beans than peas), garlic, onions, purple potatoes, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, cucumber, squash, cantaloupe, watermelon, peppers, broccoli, rasberries, wheat, and a little grapevine that should give us 3 little grape clusters this year ( :
A number of these plants are found in prodigious amounts in our garden, and we are looking forward to sharing our bounty, enjoying lots of yummy fresh goodness, and learning more about canning and freezing. We also planted carrots and spinach, but they are not doing as well. We are still learning.
It seems that our children are also growing quickly now. Christopher is a rather good archer (it was Daddy's crazy idea to teach him how). Both Theodore and Christopher love to sit and dig, pick up "Poly rolies", and play with worms. Theodore has the sweetest little voice and says the cutest things. Of course, I am drawing a blank at the moment, but I will share when I remember. And Sophia is still everybody's darling. She had a Dr. Appt this week (ear infection, croup, and ringworm!) and has gained a little bit but is now clear down to the 3 percentile. She is just a lean little lady. She is a good sport and loves to applaud and jabber and play in general.
Growing, Growing, Growing. What a wonderful, busy season in our lives.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
How fun! I wanted to plant a garden and didn't get to it this year and I'm afraid chloe would be too much of a "help" to it. I'm glad the kids are doing well and I hope Sophia get better soon!
Post a Comment