CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blame it all on the pregnancy ( ;

I've been thinking lately, and I think this pregnancy is making me crazy. I finally finished my last course for my MA! So, now I need to do the Thesis Proposal course and Thesis. I looked up the requirements last weekend, and thanks to a paperwork glitch (mine!) and the sad lack of a student advisor ) : I will have to wait until Summer Semester to officially put together my Thesis proposal. But, that gives me months to prepare, and months to nest, and months to breathe a little more easily again I guess. I am blaming the snafu on pregnancy brain.

Another pregnancy note- I have been so emotional this week! Sometimes I'm a little crazy in the first trimester, but I swear I am more psycho right now than I was at all the first few months. I feel so tightly wound and find myself yelling or upset far more often than I would like. It is probably just stress from the holidays and John's job search and stuff, but tell me I'm not crazy. I know life is good and all, and I really am blessed, but would you please tell my hormones that. I think that is the hardest thing about pregnancy insanity- I know I am not rational, but I do it anyways, all the while thinking in the back of my head, "Who is this person?" Again, I am blaming it on the pregnancy.

Last but not least I finally finished the Pollan book, "In Defense of Food". It was terrific. It really made me think more about how I view food, and how I can improve my life and my health with different food choices. I've been thinking a great deal about how to implement what I learned, and love his common sense guidelines. So, why was it, that I was at the commissary today, and bought a candy bar in the checkout line! Granted, we split it 5 ways ( ; but still. I didn't buy any other over processed junk. I really am a semi health freak- I cook almost all of my meals and bread products from scratch, I'm a whole wheat nut, I avoid most HFCS, and generally pay attention to what I am putting into my body. Yet, that candy bar called my name and I said "Yes, I'm here". Seriously, I only buy candy at the checkout maybe 3 times a year, but I felt like such a hypocrite after just finishing that book! It must have been the pregnancy.

( : 4 more months
Then I can blame it on a newborn ( ;

4 comments:

mbbatch04 said...

I laughed so hard I almost fell off my computer chair! You are so funny. I totally feel the same way. I feel like a total nut job and I'm not getting my degree, teaching home school, and making everything home made!

Cassie said...

Susie you're cute. :) But don't forget the chocolate entirely. It is after all one of a girls best friends.

Amy Jane said...

Susie,

You eat that candy bar, and don't feel bad about it! Milk that pregnancy for all it's worth - that's my opinion, anyway. :)

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Thanks for having us over tonight! I am excited to check out your blog. I LOVE your background!