CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

California Fun






I was contemplating Christmas this year and wondering if the kiddos had good enough presents. I know, I know, you cannot get more superficial, I was just thinking about how frugal Mom, dad, and even Santa can be at times. They all have their needs taken care of, and at this point in time, they really don't have a lot of wants. So, I was being stupid and comparing thier Christmas to some other people's. Then I realized, we spent quite a bit of time,energy, and money in coming to visit loved ones. And this gift to the children is one that, like the Mastercard ads claim, is "priceless". The children are having a lovely time playing with their cousins, we have seen them nearly every day. Mom and dad (us) are having a fun time helping out Yia-Yia and Papous with holiday tasks, sleeping in, and just having no responsibilities. It is so nice to be able to visit with loved ones and share good food and conversation, chaos from little ones, and make memories. So I thought I'd share a few priceless pictures of the cousins together on some of our outings. Yeah for family, down time, kids, and memories in the making! Happy holidays to all of our loved ones and may the New Year bring joy.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Being with family really is a great treat. This year was our first Christmas on our own -due to fat/don't want to travel Prego status. It was still nice, but the phone calls home were an important part of our morning.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I hope Teddy feels better soon. Kailie had a cold the week of Christmas. I could use some easy exercise (and adult conversation!) as well to work up to a more rigorous routine a month or two before Jeff gets home ;-) Still can't get the last 15 off (I'm sure the holidays aren't helping)!
I could use a girl's night/day soon. Even if Sophia and Kailie join us since they'd fit the gender requirement :-)