CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Letter

I just wanted to share our 2008 Christmas Letter. Happy Reading!

Dearest Friends and Family
What a year it has been! This year has had its share of struggles and joys and I am grateful for all of the experiences it brought our way. John very nearly lost his job at one point, which created a great deal of stress. We certainly developed a greater empathy for those suffering from the economic downturn at this time. Thankfully, John is a super worker, and the work situation eventually improved. Another stressful time this year was the first trimester of this pregnancy with blessing number four. I developed a sub-chorionic hemmorhage, and was on physical restrictions for a good two months. It was difficult to slow down and step back, and just concentrate on giving the pregnancy a chance to thrive. But, thrive it did! The new little one should be here in less than 4 months and we are so excited (and maybe just a wee bit terrified!)
Sophia has grown and developed by leaps and bounds in the past year. She was a pretty early mover, and walked at about ten months. A little bundle of energy, she loves to sing, hum and dance. I think she inherited Mommy’s love of music. She is learning every day, and constantly surprising us with what she understands and how quickly she is growing!
Theodore blossomed this year into a real preschooler, constantly talking and assaulting any willing, or unwilling, listener with a barrage of questions. He thoroughly enjoys doing anything with his brother, to include building with Legos, playing house, building forts, and coloring. He is always keen to keep up with Christopher, and has already started memorizing his articles of faith!
Christopher has developed many skills this year. He is a loving sibling and loves to color, write and illustrate stories. He also loves to read and has really developed some great reading skills this year, I am proud of all of his hard work. He is nearly done memorizing his articles of faith, just one more to go! He sometimes surprises me with what he can do when he puts his mind to it, and I am glad to see his energy and determination being put to good uses.
John had an eventful year. Our vegetable garden was a pet project of his, and he devoted a number of hours to making it productive. Besides a constantly shifting work environment, he ran in two big races this year. In August he completed the Heart of America Marathon in Columbia, MO. He did a great job, and hopes to run occasional marathons in the future. In October he ran in the Army Ten Miler in Washington, DC. That was a great opportunity to see some old friends and haunts, although it would have been more fun if I came along ( ; He is exploring job options in California, Idaho and Washington DC for next year, and is excited for what life holds after the Army.
I (Susie) stayed ever so busy with the children, garden, and life in general. I was able to complete all of the course requirements for my MA degree this year, with the exception of the Thesis proposal and Thesis. One of these days, or years, I will actually finish! I was able to learn a little bit about canning and sewing, read countless books, blogged, and thoroughly enjoyed learning about homeschooling with Christopher.
One last piece of exciting news, we were able to become debt-free this year, and we are ecstatic about starting 2009 with no debt obligations to anyone! Life truly is good, and the struggles we faced this year served to strengthen our marriage and gratitude for all of the blessings that we now enjoy. May the New Year bring prosperity, peace, love and happiness to each of you, and the Christmas spirit fill your homes during this season.

1 comment:

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

I'm really sad we won't have you guys to play with whenever I get bored. :( That was a very cute letter. Thank goodness for blog, so we can keep in touch. And your castle blankets are really cute!!