Well, life goes on with it's ups and downs. Each day seems to bring new challenges, opportunities for practicing patience, and opportunities to learn. John and I had a pretty fun weekend. Friday night there was a Battalion party for John's work. His battalion is pretty family friendly, so it was enjoyable. We got to take home goodies, so I have a freezer full of sugar cookies. I think that will be lovely once the sugar rush of endless birthdays and holiday gatherings wears off. Saturday John and I took the children to a holiday event at the library in the afternoon and it was so fun. They had a train setup, refreshments, coloring, crafts, and a visit with Santa. Our family could live at the library, so we thoroughly enjoyed our time there, even with the long wait to see Santa. The only way to get Sophia in the Santa picture, was with me, so Santa invited me to sit on his lap. I haven't done that in . . . quite some time! But at least we got some pictures without her screaming bloody murder and I don't look enormous, because she's blocking me. The ward party was in the evening and was different than the usual getup. They had pancakes, biscuits and gravy. Being the pregnant woman that I am I wanted more variety- fruit, protein, etc., but it was good. It was so much fun to see everyone, John said I spent the whole night gabbing, which is a pretty apt description of the evening. Then we saw Santa, again, and headed home. Nice day, all in all.
Sunday was okay, I just wish I had an easier time getting everybody out of the door in the morning ( : That evening our neighbors, who are moving, asked if we would like their swingset, because they didn't want to move it. I couldn't resist, so we have a swingset now!! We are tickled about that. Then, on Monday I was checking the giveaway winners on Seriouslysoblessed, one of my favorite funny blogs. I had entered the giveaway contest, but with approx. 1700 entries, and a dozen random winners, of course I didn't expect anything. So, imagine my surprise when I saw my name as a winner!!
I won a 'babycoverz' gift set including a blanket, nursing cover, burp cloth, and diaper clutch. I can choose my own fabric out of 30 super cute designer fabrics and I am soo excited! It will be wonderful to have some new, cute things for this little one. The set is worth $75 and I certainly wasn't planning on spending that amount on 'extras'. What a pleasant surprise! So, all in all it has been a pretty lucky week! I'll try to share my luck with everyone, and hope that the luck holds and John and I get more job information by the end of the month. ( :
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a great weekend! And that is a great prize to win! (I am a bit jealous)
How do you write such long blogs? I have a hard time writing two paragraphs. I am jealous about the win but you need to send me that link so I can help you find some cute (unisex) stuff for your little one! =)
Post a Comment