CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tender Mercies

Thank heavens for the tender mercies in my life. Our ward held a fast and testimony meeting today, and a lovely sister got up to share her testimony. She was widowed less than a year ago, and spoke beautifully of the tender mercies that our Heavenly Father shows to us- sharing specific examples from this difficult time in her life. Her words made me realize the tender mercies of the Lord that are evident in my life, that would be so easy to overlook.

There were some personal struggles in my life recently, and I felt alone, abandoned, and abjectly sad. Dealing with things seemed more than I could bear. On top of everything, John was out of town for the second week in a row. But the Lord poured out his blessings upon me. Friends invited the family over for Family Home Evening. A visit from my visiting teacher brought companionship, love, and chocolate. A friend offered hugs. This same friend saw my need for distraction and invited me to a shopping trip in Alexandria. Music soothed my soul at my voice lesson, John brought a chocolate bar home from his trip, and I was able to give service to a friend on Saturday. The words of inspired leaders at the General Women's Conference gave some salve, and I enjoyed a priesthood blessing today as well as a visit and spiritual message from the Relief Society presidency, who just happened to finally get around to visiting this week, when their presence was oh so needed.

These tender mercies, along with the peace and love I have found in prayer have lightened my load, and I am so grateful for the gospel, and the opportunity to draw closer to the Saviour!

3 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I am glad that you are doing well, and I am sorry you were having a rough time with whatever it was!!!--and that people rallied around you. How wonderful.

MissouriMormonMama said...

The neatest thing was that people didn't know I was hurting. It was very personal, and I didn't share the situation, yet they were still loving envoys from the Lord. He does watch out for us!

AZ Bybee Bunch said...

Thanks for reminding me too to not overlook the tender mercies of the Lord. We have so many things to be grateful for that sometimes we get caught up in struggles around us. We lost a dear friend to cancer this week and it really brought me back to seeing the tender mercies all around me. Thanks for your timely post.