CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Musings

La dee da dee dee, la dee da dee da. Life goes on. That seems to be the theme music for the past week or two. Life is good, we are thoroughly enjoying the fact that we now have some idea of what we are doing in the foreseeable future. Limbo land is no fun, and I am so glad to be out of it ( : We're focusing now on nailing down details of leave, moving, housing, and a grand road trip to visit family while we're in between jobs! Fun stuff.

I've been enjoying the upswing of spring weather- the whole family is happier when we get some sunshine, a walk, and some playground time. Happy first day of Spring! The children have been dealing with some 'spring fever' or plain old acting up, but I don't see that changing any time soon, with a new baby almost here, then all the travel and moving. So, John and I are practicing our patience- heaven knows by the time our children our raised we should be some of the most patient people on the planet.

I've been reading some wonderful books, and meaning to blog about them- but with a complete lack of motivation that seems to come with these last few weeks, I don't know if that'll happen, so I'll just recommend them. A few weeks ago I finished Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell. It was a fascinating book, and I don't feel nearly as bad about my lack of 'success' after reading about his perception of the combination of luck and talent required to create the fantastic success stories we all know so well. If you enjoyed his two prior books, Blink and Tipping Point, I would highly recommend it. He really has a unique and insightful way of viewing the world.

I also just finished Dewey- a fun, heartening read about a library cat in small town Ohio. It seems like a totally random book, but was very enjoyable, and an easy read.

Mindless Eating is the most recently completed read. It was a fascinating book, and I recommend it to ALL of my friends and family. You all know I like food, I like food politics, I like cooking, and this book really helped me to evaluate the psychology behind my eating choices. It offered reasons for eating the way we do as modern Americans, and practical 'mindless' ways to make small beneficial changes.

Also, my mom just informed me that Obama made his first public gaffe this week. Eek. I guess he's not a saint after all. However, I still really like the guy ( :

I'll try to post some pictures later this weekend, including some of the baby quilt I finally finished. There are still more projects to be done before baby and my family come, but it's a balancing act between desires to do things, and pure exhaustion, not to mention finding it nearly impossible to bend over or get up off of the floor ( ; So, now we prepare, rest and wait for the little arrival sometime in the next few weeks!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hope you are feeling well. -Speaking of mindless eatting, besides the case of Girl Scout Cookies we also stocked up on Easter Candy that only comes once a year! Hurray for Chocolate!