CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Of Snow, Sickness, and Statistics



What a week! At times I have wondered if the week would ever end, but, of course, here we are again, with another week passed. The family has been battling a stubborn cold all week, so it seems much of the week was devoted to bare minimum maintenance, just keeping up with household tasks, errands, meals and schooling. I enjoyed the President's address to the Congress on Tuesday, John and I always listen to the State of the Union (although he was working this year). Heaven knows what reality will be, but President Obama truly has a gift for rhetoric.

Wednesday all of the Children had well-child appointments. Christopher is in the 50th percentile for both his height and weight, Theodore is 60th for weight and 50th for height and Sophia is in the 90-95th for height and 40th for weight. She sure is a lanky little thing. They are all healthy children, for which we are so grateful- although the Dr. mentioned that we need to keep Theodore on the allergy medication, as he was very inflamed. The Dr. also mentioned that Sophia had several indicators of future seasonal allergy issues, and the very next day she woke up with puffy allergy eyes! Poor thing. We don't have her on anything yet, she is still so young, and I feel bad for her constantly draining nose and irritated eyes. It's probably a good thing we will be leaving Missouri!

Thursday my MOPS group held a baby shower for all of the expectant moms, there are 7 of us! It was so fun to get together and celebrate. There was yummy food, games and chit chat as well as a baby goods swap and a gift card from the MOPS group. Christopher was feeling mostly better at this point, especially with some Motrin in him.

Friday was notable for the terrible economic news. I couldn't believe that the GDP had fallen 6.2 % in the last quarter of 2008. Yet another terrifying indicator on the economic horizon, yet John and I are feeling peace with our upcoming move and job change. We have found some more options and are busy applying for more jobs and doing our best to prepare for all the eventualities of the future. Along the same bad news spectrum Christopher's fever returned with a vengeance, changing from low grade to 102.5- 103 degrees. Poor guy. I got things ready for a friend's baby shower (which I already suspected I would be unable to attend). On a positive note, I was able to go to a Moms Night Out with my MOPS friends, and it was so much fun! We shared great food, interesting conversations, and good times.

Yesterday was crazy! Christopher felt pretty punk all day, John worked until the snow forced him home in the afternoon, and I had to skip out on the baby shower. We were expecting a snow storm, but just 2 or 3 inches. Imagine our surprise when It started coming down heavily at 9 am and didn't stop until 5 pm. There's a good 7-10 inches outside, and I feel terrible that the boys can't go outside and enjoy playing in the snow. But it is beautiful! So, that's the news on the homefront as far as snow, sickness, and statistics. Hopefully we can get Christopher in to the Dr. tomorrow and have him feeling better soon! Now it's time to go enjoy this snow/sick day and do some nesting ( :

3 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Susie - I love the new look of your blog!

Cassie said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy. :)

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I hope the kids get better! That is no fun that they can't enjoy the snow. Thanks for the update! I hope that you guys get some great job news soon!!!