CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 1: It begins






Let me start by saying it was hard to leave my babies behind. Just in case anybody is not clear on this, I love my children! I am as attached as any other mother to her offspring, sometimes perhaps arguably, too attached! I enjoy them and love my little brood. That said, this vacation without them was incredible! John and I forgot how pleasant it is to fly without little ones. We enjoyed the long flight over to Hawaii, and took pictures to document the beginning of our 'honeymoon' together. Going through security was a breeze, we watched 3 movies on the plane, and read and just had a lovely time. We watched "The Young Victoria", "Percy Jackson" and "The Fantastic Mr. Fox". It was fun- although you can see we still gravitated toward family friendly films. It felt like a long date. Once was got to Hawaii we had a bit of a hiccup in things, with the car rental company losing our reservation, resulting in calling car rental companies for hours before we got it straightened out with the Emergency number of the travel office! We were so tired by the time we made it to the hotel. They ran out of rooms, so gave us an upgrade. Hooray! We had a beautiful ocean view room on the 17th floor. After a brief dinner, we watched weekly fireworks from our deck before collapsing! What a lovely day.

No comments: