The muses are not with me. I have been waiting for inspiration to strike before posting, but have had no such luck. Life marches on regardless of whether or not I blog ( :
The past few weeks have been interesting. We've been fighting sickness and cranky kids for a week or so, but nothing noteworthy, just run of the mill which is something to be grateful for. John is loving his job, I think he is finally getting the hang of how to be truly productive in their environment, and he comes home from work each day with a smile. You can't ask for more than that! I am looking forward to my Italy trip. I finally got some more information from the program and purchased my plane tickets! Yeah!! John and I also made arrangements for Hawaii finally, and are looking forward to combining business and pleasure on his trip there. It will be so lovely to see our old haunts, some old friends and eat that yummy Hawaiian food! I can't wait!
I also got my thesis off again, I am hoping it is almost ready- we'll wait and see. Meanwhile, time at home is spent trying to catch up on little projects, and take care of all the little details associated with caring for my young family. I AM loving the opportunity for more pleasure reading though, and recently submitted my resume to a local community college in the hopes of teaching a course or two!
The children are growing so quickly. Christopher touched me today when he decided to read his scriptures during sacrament meeting, out of his own free will and volition. It made me feel like maybe we have done something right after all! He read for at least 25 minutes, I was so impressed! I don't even sit still to read my scriptures that long! He also just learned how to ride a two wheeler, and we are pleased with how quickly he caught on! Theodore is just learning to write his numbers and asks to do his 'homeschool' each afternoon. I am looking forward to more learning with him. He inherited his brother's old bike with training wheels and loves it! Sophia is finally potty trained! It is about time! She and I finally hammered out an agreement ( : Lori, well, she just tries to keep up with the constant excitement. She is gaining so much independence, I love watching her at this age! The world is such a new and exciting place for her!
That's all folks- perhaps I'll come up with a more interesting post later!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
When are you going to Italy??? And Hawaii sounds great. That is so neat about Christopher reading his scriptures. How wonderful! Good luck with the thesis!
Post a Comment