CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

One of those. . .

It's just been one of those days. I had a productive, pleasant morning, but stepped on an enormous slug (in our house!!). Yuck. Then church was going relatively well until we had 'front row seats' for some pretty phenomenal vomiting as they were passing the sacrament! Interesting. We were trapped on the pew with a semi tantruming Sophia due to the proximity to the mess as they worked to clean it up. I was glad my nose is still congested ( : Poor kid who vomited, that's a fun memory. Then I helped Teddy with a talk, highlighted Sophia in nursery and actually got to attend Relief Society today. So, why did everyone go off on my two LEAST favorite topics in church doctrine: polygamy, and races in the church (1978 priesthood revelation). Those topics NEVER leave me all warm and fuzzy inside, just confused and agitated. Aaurgh. This afternoon went pretty well after we got home, but then Christopher was goofing around outside and pulled a heavy furniture piece onto his ankle. We iced it and he seemed to be doing okay, but he just woke up crying, right after John called and woke me as I was drifting off. Hopefully the Motrin will kick in and he'll be okay until I take him to the Dr. tomorrow. Poor little guy, I hope this is all the disasters for a while, and the sitter doesn't have to deal with a day like this! I'd better try to sleep- looks like tomorrow will be a busy day!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Church was pretty interesting yesterday wasn't it :) Those of us in the front of the chapel heard the wretching but didn't have any idea it was someone PASSING the sacrament that vomited. YUCK!!! They should have pulled that tray from the rounds, I'd say!

And RS . . . . Kudo's to Jocelyn for getting us back on track . . . just in time to derail for a few more minutes!! No wonder the church doesn't add those two subjects into the manuals for closer inspection!!!

Hope your son's ankle is okay. Life is a journey isn't it?

Stephanie said...

Days like that are so hard. Sorry!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Wow, that is a crazy Sunday! Glad there were some nice moments sprinkled in! Yeah, those two topics don't go far very well.

MissouriMormonMama said...

Yeah- and the comments weren't that crazy, just not what I needed to hear yesterday. :p I've got an appt. for Christopher later today- we'll see ( :

I sure am glad it's a new day, Monday and all ( :

LeeAnn said...

PS- After that long disertation I forgot to add... DOn't you hate when life goes crazy and your extra set of hands is out of town!!!

LeeAnn said...

Wow! I was so oblivious as to what was going on during Sacrament meeting! Reading about a talking donkey in the scriptures can do that I guess! It took Jake 3 or 4 urgently whispered "mom" to get my attention. Apparently Duane wanted me to go and get a bodily fluids clean up kit but by the time my attention was arroused the clean up was happening. FYI I did get one right after Sacrament meeting was over and cleaned and disinfected the carpet! As for RS I think those two topics are very interesting because they seem to be so "taboo." Yet you are right the topic was way straying off what the lesson was really about!

MissouriMormonMama said...

The funny thing is, I enjoy both of those taboo topics under the right circumstances, I just felt like we were kind of skating around things. . .I don't know. I wanted to say something when Sis. Johnson mentioned the (Brigham Young?) quote about the mark of Cain. I think that is just ludicrous- I just hated barely touching that, and spending so much time on polygamy- I should have spoken up more, but then we would have been more off topic ( :

And- Why is it that these things happen as soon as the spouse leaves? You're right LeeAnn, it is the wierdest thing!