CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Depressing News

Has anyone else been totally unnerved by all the crazy stuff in the news lately? I know there is always crazy stuff in the news, but lately it just seems particularly insane to me.

1- Messing around with military missions into Pakistan. What in the world are we thinking? Are the leaders in the military and government really that STUPID? Oh, but maybe people will be too busy listening to hot winded Palin or Obama to take notice. Actually, that may be true.

2- Hurricane related devastation. Of course, this is not human error, but is so sad. I can't imagine losing everything like some of these people and should go double check our renters insurance, 72 hour kit stuff, and other emergency essentials. Also, I should (although I may not) donate to the humanitarian fund through church or the Red Cross in order to help.

3- All the insane government/economic insanity. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac being bailed out by the government to the tune of how much $? And where is this government money coming from? Mega corporations going under, or like AIG, threatening to go under and being bailed out at the last minute by the Federal Reserve. Oh my, what a lovely state the economy is in right now. Unemployment is hovering below super crazy rates, but is a little high (about 6%?) and inflation is downright crazy, I think The McLaughlin Group quoted it at around 5.9%. That means the price of things is increasing a heck of a lot more quickly than salaries are. The little 3% government pay raises certainly can't keep up with that, and most private companies are probably in the same boat. Frankly, I find the economic situation downright gloomy.

4- Military leaders in Afghanistan have just asked for 10,000 more troops there next year. Where are those troops going to come from? Oh yeah, the overstretched, overextended troops that are already on 2nd, 3rd, 4th deployments. Aye Carumba.

I just wanted to share my view on some of the most disturbing recent news developments. Does anybody care to share their points of view on these? I'd totally be game for some good discussion.

No comments: