Although I find National and International news to be a little disheartening lately, there is a lot of good news to share around our household.
1- I am still pregnant! I really wasn't sure if this little one would stick, but so far so good. We are at 10 1/2 weeks right now, and as far as I know he/she is developing okay. I am starting to do more, even though I'm still not supposed to do much. It is hard not to push the limits!
2- John talked to the Battalion XO this week, and will be turning in his resignation paperwork on Oct. 1! I am just giddy about this, we are so excited about what the future holds, and so ready to be done with our Army adventure. I am counting down the days until we leave.
3- We found out a few weeks ago that the last payment for the Loan repayment program on John's student loans should finally go through! We have been playing bureaucratic games for over a year now, and are ready to have it taken care of. Keep your fingers crossed that it will be taken care of by/in October. Once that goes through we will be almost entirely debt-free, with just a few thousand dollars remaining from John's loans! And that is from a starting graduate school debt balance of over 55K! Woohoo.
4- Although we are waiting for final confirmation, John should have a part time position teaching Modern Chinese History and/or Modern Japanese History for Columbia College here at the Education Center in January! That will be a great opportunity. Also, it looks like he will get the position at the Office of Naval Intelligence. It will be quite a while before it is confirmed, as the hiring process can take 6-12 months, but they liked him and we are hoping and praying for this opportunity. We really feel like we are 'supposed' to be there, and the pay and benefits wouldn't be much different than what we have right now. That would be a big relief in this uncertain economy we are facing.
Well, I just wanted to share some of our good news, to counter balance the terrible world woes.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment