Sunday, February 22, 2009
Irritable Uterus, or irritable Mama?
Since this is my fourth child, I feel like I know a lot of what there is to know about this pregnancy business. You know, I've been down the road a few times before. So, when I started noticing frequent Braxton Hicks Contractions in the past few weeks, I was just like, yeah, warming up, whatever. Then, on Thursday they were more regular, and Friday they were very frequent, and getting crampy. Lovely. Luckily, I had an OB appt. that afternoon, so I just asked the midwife about it. She thought it would be better safe than sorry and told me "You just got yourself a ticket for some observation time in L & D". A cervical check showed some effacement, but no dilation, and a forward cervix- but nothing alarming. Phew. They strapped me up to the monitors and ran a urine culture. Baby's heartbeat was super, and the monitor showed sporadic, irregular contractions. Drinking the huge jug of water they provided and sitting with my feet up really seemed to slow them down, a good thing ( : My cultures all came back good, just a little bit dehydrated, the midwife thought. So, I left with instructions for how to care for my "irritable uterus", which I thought was the funniest term ( : It's apparently just cranky with me, so I'm going to try to baby it over the next month or so with LOTS of fluids and taking it easy when it starts talking back to me too loudly. Hopefully baby will continue cooking for at least 4 more weeks and the irritable womb won't make for an irritable, tired of contracting Mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Wow, this pregnancy has kinda been a trial. I sure hope this baby cooperates better once it's born. You still don't know if it's a boy or girl?
We miss you guys!
Hey! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw your status on FB! I'm so glad! Keep your feet up! Those 4th babies will give you a run for your money... completely unpredictable!
I am glad nothing serious happened! Good thing you are pretty far along, but a little more time would be good! I am also glad that you had a great weekend. YEAH! Just what you need for a busy week ahead. Thanks sooooo much for calling me! It was great talking to you!
Gosh, I think I'm more anxious to know the gender than you are! Well, truth is you're so excellent at playing things cool. I bet you can't wait either! Let me know if you'd like to try and make a CD for your new little one or do a fun project like making a cute bag. Hopefully baby will hold off long enough to let you get a sewing night in after John finishes teaching!! And actually, why don't you just come over another night when John's home next week and we'll come up with a fun project to work on just the two of us.
Post a Comment