Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Day 5: Art Bliss
Are you sick of this yet? I don't have any pictures of this day, but it was just wonderful. I went to the Art Academy in Honolulu and spent a lovely day looking at art. They had a lovely collection for a smallish museum, particularly of Asian art and artifacts. I enjoyed it very much, and thought of some of our pieces (not worth nearly as much, but still pretty!). They also had Islamic art, which I really enjoyed because I have studied it a bit. Among all their Western art and Modern art, I most enjoyed the neo-impressionists, and finding a Benton print! I just love the beauty and humanity that people can capture in art! What a talent. That evening John and I had the chance to go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (I still think that is a wierd name). Wow! Although they were pricey, their food was incredible! I told John I will never be able to be a full fledged vegetarian now, because I know that exists, and I must have it again ( : It was a lovely meal. And they topped it off with a lovely surprise because we told them we were enjoying a 2nd honeymoon- complimentary chocolate covered strawberries presented beautifully over a tube filled with flowers. We left there fat and happy, and a bit poorer. Life was good out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment