CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 6: A day of remembrance










You're the lucky viewers of pictures from Day 5, and our adventures visiting our old haunts, but the narration will have to wait- I need to get cracking on a few other things!
Update:
What a lovely day. I hit the swap meet in the morning, loading up on souvenirs for loved ones and such. Then John and I drove to Laie in the afternoon. It was a beautiful day. We arrived just a little to late to see one of the men we wanted to see, a former bishop and religion professor, bummer! But we were able to walk around campus and note what has and has not changed. We also went up to the temple, intending to take pictures by the bench where he proposed to me, but were unable to, due to construction. Oh well. We met with a former professor of mine, who was very instrumental in shaping my International Cultural Studies program there. It was so fun to talk with him, he has moved to a position as dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, so I was pleased that he took the time from his busy schedule to chat with us. It was fascinating to see how things are changing at the school, and he had some great advice to help my in my job search. John and I both enjoyed the meeting. Afterwards we went to a Giovanni's Shrimp shack in Kahuku for dinner. We went there for our first date, so it brought back great memories ( : And, of course, the food was incredible. Afterwards, we drove to the Crouching Lion Inn for dessert, where we had dessert to celebrate our engagement. It was a lovely day of reminiscing and making new memories!

1 comment:

mbbatch04 said...

I love the picture of you at the top with the empty plate. You look so happy and content. I am glad you had a great trip. =)