Thursday, August 19, 2010
Doesn't get any better!
I enjoyed such a lovely birthday! The evening was bittersweet, with my friends and I sad to see our time coming to a close, but so excited to be going home shortly. There were heartfelt words and some great shared moments. The drive to the location in Castiglione was so beautiful. There were fields full of sunflowers, and vines, and beautiful countryside. Besides getting a bit lost in the maze of buildings, it was wonderful. They provided us with a dinner, where I laughed more than I have in a long time. These comrades were extraordinary. We were excited to be done performing, and afterwards a friend proposed a toast, with the free wine. She insisted I take a glass, in her brash Eastern European way ( : Luckily, my friend Jennifer saw my predicament and saved my tail, swapping her empty glass for my partially full one. My other friend knew someone had helped me out because a non-drinker isn't just going to gulp the glass down in seconds, but couldn't figure out who'd assisted me! Fun times. We were up into the wee hours, and the crowd was CRAZY. Loud, lots of smoke, and of course wine. Boy was it nice to get home that night! It was a birthday to remember.














Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment