The best thing to happen during my trip to Italy was the opportunity to become comfortable on stage. Had I been a music major, or involved in community theater, or any number of things, I may have already developed the skill, but I was a bit of a late bloomer. ( : I so appreciated the opportunity to sing solo pieces in five separate concerts. As I sang in performances, and in front of my peers in Master class, and other teachers in lessons, I developed a better appreciation for my gift, a desire to further train it, and the ability to walk onto a stage, smile, and share without feeling like I was going to pass out, or literally have my knees knock together. It was liberating. I also learned to love the applause, and relating with the audience on a new level- what a fantastically fun art form!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Show time!
The best thing to happen during my trip to Italy was the opportunity to become comfortable on stage. Had I been a music major, or involved in community theater, or any number of things, I may have already developed the skill, but I was a bit of a late bloomer. ( : I so appreciated the opportunity to sing solo pieces in five separate concerts. As I sang in performances, and in front of my peers in Master class, and other teachers in lessons, I developed a better appreciation for my gift, a desire to further train it, and the ability to walk onto a stage, smile, and share without feeling like I was going to pass out, or literally have my knees knock together. It was liberating. I also learned to love the applause, and relating with the audience on a new level- what a fantastically fun art form!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Looks like you had quite a fabulouse time in Italy! Looking forward to hearing you sing!!!
Susie, I think it is so cool that you got to go to Italy and sing. Congrats at taking on new challenges and enjoying life to it's fullest. :)
Post a Comment