CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cockroaches, spiders and mice, Oh my!

I really enjoy our house on post. I no longer have laundry directly in my kitchen, we have 2 toilets, and a playroom! So, for the most part I am very satisfied with this house and am happy to call it home. But (and there is always a but) we have had so many different problems with unwanted houseguests lately. A couple of weeks ago we found mouse droppings in Sophia's room. We put out a trap and saw nothing, nothing, nothing. Then we found a huge grasshopper on it (in her closet?), a couple days later I opened the closet door and shrieked like I am not sure I have ever shrieked before! There was that mouse! Then on the same day I saw a little roach visitor in the boys room, and a spider in the laundry! Aaugh. Not a good day, lots of shivers down my back. And this morning, we found a grasshopper in our kitchen sink! Oh my goodness. It's so frustrating because my house is not immaculate, but it is certainly not filthy, and actually is usually relatively clean. But these pests seem to appreciate all the work I put into making a comfortable home and make themselves comfortable as well. Oh well.

2 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

YUCK! I am terrified for mice! Hopefully American Eagle would do something for you! We have lovely nasty huge spiders. Hopefully those nasty things decide to just pass through and spread the word not to use your house!

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

Oh yucky! I hope all offending critters move out soon! Hey does your kitty like mice? Maybe she could develop a taste for 'em and then you'll be good!