CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Grants Farm

John and I finally made it out of the house for a day trip with the family yesterday! It seems weekends fill up so quickly with errands, social obligations, etc., so I was excited to get away. We went to Grants Farm in St. Louis and it was sooo fun! We took some pictures that I wanted to share, but Blogger is being obnoxious, so I'll have to try again later.

The ride up was pleasant, the kids were good and we stopped at Panera for some yummy breakfast. When we got to the farm we asked the man taking the cash for parking if there was a military discount. He asked to see ID, and then said "Just go on through, but don't tell anybody!" We were so tickled, the admission is free, so that made the cash for the day stretch a little bit further. We had forgotten our stroller- Oh no! So, we went a chunk of the day without one, then made a necessary splurge and rented one. The kids all enjoyed the park, there was a tram ride, a pen to feed baby goats milk bottles, lemurs, elephants, kangaroos, tortoises and some other things. The shows were hokey but fun. While watching the elephant show Sophia got fussy (tired and hot) and John stood at the bottom with her. The elephant blew up a balloon in a race against some children in a demonstration of their incredible lung capacity. So, there was this HUMONGOUS balloon, and the MC said, "The balloon will go to the young lady in the pink shirt here." I thought, oh, that's nice, then looked and realized it was Sophia! Yeah for her. Everybody looked over and aahed, and I got such a little thrill of pride ( : So, that kept her occupied for a little while longer. The day was hot and sticky, and by the time we left, the little ones were very much done, but it was a wonderful day.
The kids napped in the car on the way back and we were able to stop at one of our favorite winery's to sample some juices and pick up some real wine for cooking. Yummo.
What a fun day!

1 comment:

brittanyandtravis said...

How fun! I'm glad the car ride was pleasant!!