CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Food Thoughts

Yesterday, during some rare quiet moments, I started thinking. I know, I know, don't fall out of your chairs, I do that every once in a while ( ; What I was pondering wasn't particularly deep or earth shattering, I was simply pondering how much I like food. In case you don't know, I am afraid I am becoming a bit of a foodie. Food Network has ruined me, as well as some friends who are incredible cooks. Although I must abide by budget and time constraints, like any normal person, I have really been enjoying making yummy dinners and stuff lately. I think probably because, in large part, I am not holding a newborn or nauseous or huge at the moment. The last week or two has included homemade blueberry muffins, scones, focaccia, roast beef, fresh veggies roasted with olive oil and fresh herbs, steak, chicken cordon bleu, homemade italian chicken soup and other yumminess.

The second thing I was thinking about was how much time in my life revolves around food. I read about it (recipes and books like Omnivore's Dilemma), shop for it, tend it in the garden, prepare it, and eat it. A HUGE chunk of my waking hours is consumed by food related tasks! So, It's a darn good thing that I enjoy it, because otherwise life would be much more boring/miserable. Although, perhaps If I didn't enjoy it so much, it would be a boon to my waistline ( : Oh well.

No comments: