CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday U.S.A.!

In keeping with my belated well wishes to a number of friends and family lately I would like to wish a belated Happy Birthday to this amazing nation I live in! I love this nation and am so grateful for our prosperity and blessings as a people. When I spent the year in Korea with John I really became aware of how blessed we are as a nation, in a number of senses. I am so grateful for the liberty and freedoms that I enjoy. Isn't it great that I can wholeheartedly disagree with the administration, or friends, or family and it is ok?! I am not going to get hauled off to jail, or disappeared, although I guess I could be publicly shunned like the Dixie Chicks. ( :

I am not faced with outrageous taxes (although some would beg to differ) and my government truly tries to create a better society and benefit all of the citizens. And while I am a full fledged Obama supporter, and don't believe his (hopeful) election would be the downfall of our great nation, as some have suggested, it is great that I can 'discuss' (or in the case of a blog, read) the political situation and what is best for a nation with individuals of varying opinions and know that is our right and privilege. (Sorry about that run-on sentence, I am in a hurry).


I don't fawn over things, religious or political, the way some people do, but I am deeply aware of them and so glad to have the opportunity to celebrate this great nations independence! (Something I and all of my family and friends can agree on) ( :

Also, although I never in a million years saw myself living the life of a military family member, I am so glad that I have had the opportunity. I may be more or less a pacifist at heart, and I certainly have strong feelings about the current administration's wars (always have, always will) but I am deeply indebted to the friends and neighbors I have met who give everything they have to this country. I am so grateful for the sacrifices of all my fellow military wives and their husbands and families. You rock! I hope when we leave the military to carry this knowledge and memories and share it with others.


On a lighter note, I wanted to share a few pics from the boys playing on the Fourth of July and John and I all dressed up this weekend. Isn't that man handsome!? And I got a new dress, although you probably can't tell how terrific I look in it ( ; John and I had a lovely BBQ with friends and thoroughly enjoyed the festivities here on post, although we ended up watching the fireworks while waiting in line for a funnel cake. The Fort put on a great show. Then we came home and watch A Capitol Fourth, recalling our celebration there 4 years ago. Fun!





No comments: