CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Deliciously Domestic

Today was simply a deliciously domestic day. I watched a friend's children this morning and no one ended up maimed or screaming. They actually somewhat enjoyed their time together. Throughout the day I was able to make 4 loaves of bread and complete 4 loads of laundry, from start to finish. The clothes were even put away- a miracle for me ( : On top of that I was able to pay some bills, tidy up, take the kids to the splash park, and even read a bit. The reason I had a semi productive day was the amazing fact that all 3 of my children actually took their much needed naps, and took long ones! Yeah for small- or big- blessings! I was also able to hit the garden, to harvest some veggies (if I'd had time for weeding, the day would've been perfect.) I thoroughly enjoyed the chance to have time to revel in domesticity. The only depressing thing is that for everything I've done, I look somewhere and think- Oh, I really need to get to that. Running a household is a never ending task. That's ok.

Here's hoping that such domestic bliss will come my way again soon! And yours!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What A GREAT day! That would be my "perfect" day as well! I can't believe you got 3 out of 3 to take naps! AWESOME!