CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Homeschooling update


I just wanted to share a homeschooling update for those of you who are interested (anyone?). I was so excited recently to look at the objectives that we wanted to accomplish this school year for Christopher, and realize we are almost there! His memorization work with Daddy is going well (hence the Article of Faith certificate he is pictured with!) He is now working on some copywork/memorization of Genesis scriptures.

His reading is progressing well. We are still working on long vowel sounds, he's got the silent e idea down though, as evidenced by a poster he made this morning: Haw to bee nise (how to be nice). My next big goal in reading is to get him doing more reading on his own, as I know he has the ability.

Math is coming along. We worked this week on counting by 5's, among other things. I think he's at least at par with his peers when it comes to geometric/fraction/addition/subtraction and counting skills. We have fun with the curriculum and I can't wait for our new workbook to arrive.

I'm still working on trying to incorporate more teaching of Theodore into the day. He has really been loving cooking and baking, and that incorporates a number of good skills. He's also super with his memorization and is always trying to keep up with brother. He only has 5 Articles of faith remaining to memorize (I think his true motivation is the big chocolate bar Christopher received today). He's also getting letter sounds down and has memorized the Greek alphabet, (but can't identify the greek letters out of sequence yet). All in all, I am amazed at the pondering power in this pint sized pundit.

Sophia- she just makes life more interesting. My big goal with her is to have her stop losing everything in this house for us. Yeah, I'm not sure how successful that will be ( :

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Good job Christopher and Teddy. Memorizing stuff can be hard. :)