Friday John and I got some big news, which was a little overwhelming, then we watched some friend's children in the evening.
Saturday, we spent a good chunk of the morning in the garden, trying to reclaim our land from weeds/grass. I am never doing a garden again without a raised bed. There is still more that could be done of course, but it was a productive morning. This picture shares the goodies we found while working yesterday: garlic, cucumber, zuchinni, potatoes, string beans, cantaloupe and a pepper.
We spent the rest of the morning/early afternoon running laundry, baking 2 pies and 2 Mississipi Mud Pies and making baked beans for the parties that night. I also helped a friend with her dog and stopped by Walmart. Finally, it was time for Christopher's T-ball end of season party. It was pretty fun. Christopher received a Most Improved Player Certificate, probably because he had so much room to improve at first ( :We felt bad leaving in a hurry, but had to rush out the door for the Ward Pioneer Day party.
Besides the fact that we got lost driving out there (the final road to turn onto had no street sign!) and the fact that it was SOO miserably muggy it was a pleasant evening.
Sophia was wearing the most weather appropriate clothing, unfortunately , I needed to be a little more covered.
Christopher had a fun time running around and just goofing off as you can see.
And Teddy, well, he's just Teddy. Look at that gorgeous movie star smile. Despite being soaked with sweat the kids had fun. There was plenty of food to go around, a beanbag game, great turnout, a trampoline, volleyball and horseshoes. Of course, all I really did was chat, a skill I rather enjoyed practicing. I didn't even want to think about moving more than I had to, it was so sticky outside. My pies didn't receive anything in the pie contest- those crazy judges must have well. . . I don't know what, but I guess I'm ok with people not appreciating my pies. Maybe ( : But the Mississipi Mud pie and homemade baked beans were gone in no time flat, so I really don't feel that bad.
Phew, what a day, and Today has not been a lot better. Oh well, it sure has been fun.
And the news we got on Friday, well if you want to know what it is you are going to have to ask! ( ;




1 comment:
What is the good news?! And I'm glad you had such a fun weekend! I bet your pies were fantastic! I always hate bringing food to potlucks because I feel like if it isn't all gone then people didn't like it.
Post a Comment