CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Debt, Doctors and Deep thoughts

Hello all! I am having oh so much fun planning a "Understanding your favorite moderate/liberal" post for later this weekend. The aim will be not to change minds or hearts (I don't expect that my dear conservative friends and family) but to promote world peace (tongue in cheek) through a better understanding of a different point of view's inner workings. ( :

Meanwhile I just wanted to share some fun news from this week. The big news is that John and I are finally out of debt!! We have been working on becoming debt free for over 3 years now and it seems like it has been a one step forward two steps back process, but we are finally there! The money from the Loan Repayment Program finally came through to pay off the remainder of John's student loan debt. And although we poured money into John's car this month, we'll still have enough to pay all of our few remaining obligations. It feels so free to know that most of our money can now be saved, and used for our needs, to work for us instead of against us. To celebrate we are going to Springfield to do Christmas shopping this weekend ( : And we may get a kindle, the reading tech toy that John and I have been eye-ing for months and months.

I also had another Dr. appt. this week. I saw Dr. Fowers (from our ward) and he was really nice. He pulled out the ultrasound machine and took a quick look at baby, and it was so nice to see how much the little one has grown! He/she looks so much more like a baby now, and waved and stared at us with it's little skeletal face. Dr. Fowers was a little more cautious than Ms. Hooper and recommended still avoiding exercise, or anything too strenuous. I think I will continue the walking regimen I am enjoying, but make sure I stay in tune with my body and its limits at this point in time. Also, when I was weighed I was expecting the worst, but I hadn't gained any weight, and had in fact lost .5 a lb! Woo-hoo! I will be packing on the pounds later, so I will enjoy the very small weight gain while I can.


I need to go post pictures now, I hope everyone has a great weekend! Besides shopping, we have a work party this evening, so it should be a fun time!

2 comments:

mbbatch04 said...

I am just shaking in anticipation for the "liberal" post! Congrats on the out of debtness!

brittanyandtravis said...

Congratulations of being debt free!! I bet that is such a liberating feeling! I'm glad the baby is doing great too. Have a fun shopping trip!