Where to start? There are so many things I would like to blog about right now ( : Well, if nothing else, it is always good to start at the beginning, right? The week has been okay since I last posted. Our car (John's) is STILL in the shop ) : and will be until Wednesday or Thursday. Oh well. We are just being a little bit more green this week ( ; Thursday I canned 9 quarts and 10 pints of apple pie filling. Yum! I also baked 2 of our pie pumpkins and saved the seeds to toast. We used the pumpkin to make german pumpkin turnovers on Friday, something my great grandmother used to make. That was pretty fun. Friday was a fun day, with lots of girlfriends and their kids. It's always nice to spend some time with friends, and the weather is so lovely, I just enjoyed the whole day. Making calzones and the turnovers, my schoolwork, and teaching Christopher took everything I had that day. I was so glad it was Friday! You know, with all of the other pregnancies I have had more energy in the 2nd trimester, but this time around, I just can't quite keep up. I think I am just sapped. Life's still good, I just need to realize that by about 7:30 I am good for nothing except laying around. Saturday started out kind of crummy. John got up in the wee hours to go hunting, and I couldn't fall back asleep. Then I wanted to clean the whole house, because it was in desperate need a thorough cleaning. John came back from hunting and went straight to a Toastmasters meeting, and I just felt bitter. I was trying to do a million things and felt abandoned. Of course, I got over it, and the chores got done. The day actually turned out nicely, with some down time with John, a trip to the pumpkin patch, quick trip to the commissary and crossing everything off of my to-do list for once! At the commissary John had a very interesting conversation with an older woman, and I was so glad I wasn't there, because being the cranky pregnant woman that I am, I would certainly have made some comments. He was with Christopher, and I had the other two children with me elsewhere. The woman was commenting on how good looking Christopher was. She then asked John if we had any other children. John replied "Yes, we have two more." Her response was " Oh, is that it?". John then told her "No, we are expecting #4". Then she got all upset and started saying "You can't be doing that when you're going to Iraq so often . . . . John thought about telling her that we are actually getting out of the military, but decided to just walk away. It reminds me of something I read in another blog today, there are a lot of stupid people in the world, and blogging is our chance to do something about it! Since when do strangers have any right to decide how many children you can have? They are all loved, clothed, educated, and otherwise nurtured and provided for. If we are not just romping in the hay and ignoring the consequences, and we have the ability to care for them, it is really just our business how many children we can handle. Crazy. Anyways, I will try to post pictures from the pumpkin patch soon. More of my brilliant thoughts to come, I'd like to update on our homeschooling progress and maybe even share some other thoughts, but other responsibilities are calling to me.
Susie
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Susie,
Wow - I can't believe the audacity of the woman in the commissary! It's like when people tell me that it's so horrible not to give Nick a sibling. I can't believe how people think it's any of their business what others do as far as children. I'm completely indignant on your behalf. :) Sounds like you're really keeping busy - I would love to sample some of your turnovers or something sometime - it sounds like you're quite the chef! See you at MOPS...
i HATE when people do that! I just want to punch people in the face when they speak without thinking. We only have the two, but I hate when people getting all big eyed when they find out we have 2, 2 years apart and want more. I could go on ranting, but I wont. I do wish you would have been able to tell that lady to shut it, but I guess that isn't very Christlike. :)
I can't believe you have all the energy to do everything you have been. You are super mom!
Those German turnovers sound yummy! Lately all my cookies have turned out flat and burnt or flat and undercooked. Neither option is good. :( -I think I've forgotten how to cook anything other than cereal. -Even Pasta Roni doesn't turn out well lately. :(
Post a Comment