Wednesday, October 15, 2008
The Economy
Isn't it ironic that it cost $20 less than it did a few months ago to fill up the van, and yet the overall prospect for the economy is so poor? I watched the 936 point gain on Monday with interest, thinking "Hmm, that's nice, but it is not going to last." Sure enough, another drop of over 700 points hit the DOW today. I've been observing the situation for over a year now, and paying close attention for past month or two. As a distinguished financial expert (ok, not so much) and devoted cynic (kind of) I must predict that the economic situation for this country is going to get worse before it gets better. If you're worried consider reading Dave Ramsey, Suze Orman, David Bach or checking out providentliving.org for information on budgeting and food storage. Hopefully with some wisdom and common sense we can all emerge on the other side of the crisis unscathed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
definitely a cynic! =)
I guess I am more and more of a cynic too. I am watching this election and cringing at every moment. Both have their own agendas and I can't see that things will get any better under either and frankly Obama as commander and chief scares me. The 2 canidates are like having a choice between moldy cheese and curdle milk....neither one is that great. Maybe it is a sign of our times and the 2nd coming. But it is annoying to me that we have to ultimately pay for a bail out of people who were dealing in shady business practices and buying things they couldn't afford. OK, I'm done ranting.
Post a Comment